IMAGINATION RUNNING WILD CHALLENGE
JUNE 20-DECEMBER 31, 2020
The Imagination Running Wild Challenge is a challenge to explore all 48 miles of the Mon River / Caperton/ Deckers Creek Rail-Trail by end of 2020. There are a few limits, but many paths. This is for everyone; all cyclists, runners, walkers, in-line skaters, skiers and kayakers are invited! You can complete the entire rail-trail system all at once or in small sections over the next 6 months.
Registration opens the week of West Virginia’s Birthday, June 20, and the adventure continues throughout the year.
Participants will receive an Imagination Running Wild t-shirt, earn bragging rights, and have some fun outdoor adventures with stories to share with others. Maps are available for the Mon River Rail-Trails, Upper Mon Water Trail, and WV Land Trust’s Toms Run Preserve.
Participants choose from 1-9 adventure games that are unlocked now through November. Those completing an adventure will be awarded with a mystery prize.
Sign-up today! Challenge your co-workers, friends, and family.
$40 REGISTRATION (Individual) + $20 (per person in family- partner and/or kids). You can sign up your adult friends at $40, but only family members get the discount. Registration is non-refundable as this is a fundraiser for the Mon River Trails Conservancy. Click here to REGISTER
ADVENTURE GAMES AND ACTIVITIES
Adventure 1: The Big Challenge – Walk, Bike, Run, Skate, or XC Ski all 48 miles of the Mon River, Caperton & Deckers Creek Rail-Trail UNLOCKED NOW
Adventure 2: Bonus Miles: Extend through 12+ miles of connecting trails UNLOCKED NOW
Adventure 3: Trail Kindness UNLOCKED NOW
Adventure 4: Scavenger Hunt [unlocked in July]
Adventure 5: Trail is not Trivial (an interactive quiz)- [unlocked in August]
Adventure 6: Find Nature & Culture [unlocked in September]
Adventure 7: Explore the Mon River and Deckers Creek Rail-Trails with your Mind [unlocked in October]
Adventure 8: Tell either Your Adventure Story or Predict the Next Big Thing for the Mon River Rail-Trails [unlocked in November]
Adventure 9: A Surprise Awaits
Our Sustain U Imagination Running Wild Shirt is 100% recycled. It is 60% recycled cotton and 40% post-consumer recycled polyester with a tag-free label from District® Re-Tee™
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
1) Registration opens the week of West Virginia’s Birthday, June 20, and is available through December 15, 2020. Register here
2) Once you have registered, you will receive a link that describes your nine different adventure choices. Only 3 are initially unlocked, and one will be unveiled every month through November. An adventure may include guides, a quiz, scavenger hunt, and meditations or wild imaginings.
3) Choose one or more adventures, completing them at your leisure before December 31, 2020.
4) As you complete each adventure, brag by posting to our page, tagging us, using #ImaginationRunningWild #ImagineMonTrails #ChooseYourOwnAdventure #MRTC
• Facebook – @MonRiverTrails
• Instagram @MonRiverTrails
• Twitter @MonRailTrails
5) To get your t-shirt, we will arrange pick-up locally on several dates, TBD
6) To claim swag for completing one or more of the adventures, email your results to Ella at email@example.com.
7) Show off your new swag and brag via FB, Twitter, and Instagram.
8) Adventurers of all ages may participate, but those under 18 requires an adult to sign the registration. MRTC encourages parents to use their best judgement on their child’s abilities and skills to explore by hiking, biking, running, skating or xc skiing.
9) To track your trail miles, you can use a free app called Strava or keep a written tally or another method. Choose a tracking that suits you. MRTC trusts you when you let Ella know you accomplished the BIG challenge. When you complete, email Ella at firstname.lastname@example.org
11) To learn more about COVID-19 safety guidelines on the rail-trail. Visit our COVID-19 web page.
1. What if I already completed the Mon River / Caperton/ Deckers Creek Trails? Can I still participate?
Yes! Register now! You can submit your results anytime before December 31, 2020. If you cannot remember the time, just guess!
2. Do I have to be a cyclist to participate?
No! This challenge is for EVERYONE! You can even ride one day and walk the next.
3. Do I have to complete the Challenge all at once?
No! You can complete two miles one day and ten miles the next day. Whatever works for you!
4. Are there any age restrictions?
Anyone under the age of 18 needs a signed waiver from adult, but any age can take part in this challenge.
5. Does time/speed matter?
No, this is not competitive. This is a fun challenge for everyone to complete at their own pace.
6) How do I let you know I accomplished the 48 mile trail challenge?
You can email Ella at email@example.com. You can share your tracking of miles or just say “I did it!” If you wish, Ella will post your name with others that mark the accomplishment on the Imagination Running Wild Challenge web page.
8. How do I track my trail adventures?
You can keep a written tally or track your miles with Strava which is a free app. Or use another method, we trust you. You can share photos of your trail adventures by taking a photo and tagging @monrivertrails in your posts and stories on Instagram.
7. How to do this in a time of COVID-19?
Visit our COVID-19 web page.
IMAGINATION RUNNING WILD CHALLENGE SPONSORS